Zucchini and Asparagus en Papillote
2 medium Zucchinis
1 medium leek
8 oz young asparagus, trimmed
4 Tarragon sprigs
4 whole garlic cloves, unpeeled
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Using a potato peeler slice the zucchini lengthwise into thin strips.
2) Cut the leek into very fine julienne strips and cut the asparagus evenly into 2 in. lenghts.
3) Cut out 4 sheets of parchment paper 12x15 in. in size and fold each in half. Draw a large curve to make a heart shape when unfolded. Cut along the inside of the line and open out.
4) Divide the zucchini, asparagus and leek evenly between each paper heart, positioning the filling on one side of the fold line, and topping each with a sprig of tarragon and an unpeeled garlic clove. Season to taste.
5) Brush the edges lightly with the beaten egg and fold over.
6) Pleat the edges together so that each parcel is completely sealed. Lay the parcels on a cookie sheet and cook for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Cook's Tip: Experiment with other vegetables and herbs such as sugar-snap peas and mint or baby carrots and rosemary. The possibilities are endless.